Have you ever thought about what should be done when looking to book a hotel to ensure that you select somewhere that will offer you the greatest satisfaction, plus an impressive holiday? Many people just book up any old where and leave everything to the hotel, expecting everything to work out just fine, and that the hotel has their very best interests at heart and will take care of everything. But there are some stories doing the rounds about people not getting what they expected.
Sorted it all Out
So, let’s take a moment or two to see just what to look out for when booking in and out of a hotel and thus ensuring there’ll be no hotel from hell, experience! Here’s 5 pieces of advice:
- With the advent of the Internet, it is way easier to simply check out reviews online. Try putting in Norfolk Island resorts and the word “review” afterwards, and then click go. The internet has seriously shaken things up over the last decade or two, and no hotel wants to be seen with negative reviews out there. This was not always the case not that long ago, and the net has helped hotels to maintain a far better service and care for their customers.
- When you book in, it might be in your best interests to ask to see the room before taking any belongings to it and make sure it’s exactly what you expected. If you think it is sub-standard, just ask for another room?
- If you like to be somewhere quiet, ask for a room well away from where there may be groups of people hanging around late at night. We all enjoy a decent night’s sleep and have no desire to wake up the next day feeling groggy from not enough of it due to outside noise!
- Check out what amenities the hotel is offering. The amenities provided in hotels can vary greatly from place to place, whereas in some hotels, some amenities may be standard in all rooms. Do the research and then everybody is happy later on! If you’re looking at getting some swimming time in, is there a pool or a beach nearby? What are the eating options?
- This is one that a lot of people don’t do around the world. When leaving, have a thorough look around the room and make sure that you’ve left absolutely nothing behind. Check under the bed, the bathroom and behind the bathroom door. It really is no fun to be a long way away from the hotel, and then realise that you left your favourite reading glasses on the bedside table! Yes, a maid will usually check out a room when guests are departing, but she may miss seeing a pair of glasses that slid down between the covers of the bed and the bedside table.
Here’s hoping that those simple points will help you to have a truly wonderful time on lovely Norfolk Island! Enjoy!